You Would Think a John Wick Game Might Resemble Max Payne
Combat is Like a Game of Chess
Instead of a bullet-time based shooter John Wick Hex will actually be a cell-shaded hybrid turn based, real time tactical murder-fest. Vaguely similar to old style games like Jagged Alliance, you will have a variety of possible actions to choose from in combat, with each one having a specific cost in time as well as another stat called focus. The story will not be tied to the movies, but will offer an untold John Wick story in between vicious combat action.
You can get a better idea by checking out the trailer which Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN posted.
The game’s combat is not purely turn-based, but plays out over small chunks of highly planned time. Every action has costs attached, both in terms of time taken and ‘focus’ used.
More Tech News From Around The Web
- Bethesda’s latest Elder Scrolls adventure taken down amid cries of plagiarism @ Ars Technica
- An hour of Borderlands 3 looting, shooting and interstellar travel @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble LEGO Games Bundle
- RAGE 2 minimum and recommended PC specs revealed @ HEXUS
- Mortal Kombat 11 review: Great gameplay, excessively packaged @ Ars Technica
- The 10 Most Anticipated PC Games of 2019 @ TechSpot
It’s also an Epic store “Exclusive”, For how long? I haven’t found any site yet that says if it is a timed exclusive or it will forever only be on EGS for hte pc platform.
Jeremy, this should have been part of hte blurb.
Dang, didn’t realize it was!