PC Perspective Podcast #553 – Zen 2 EPYC, AMD Q2 Results, NZXT Lighting Kit
Join us this week as we discuss the new Zen-2 based EPYC “Rome” processors, take a look at AMD’s Q2 financial results, review an RGB ambient lighting kit from NZXT, and more!
Our sponsor this week is Mint Mobile. Ditch your old wireless bill and start saving with Mint Mobile. Get your new wireless plan for just $15 per month at mintmobile.com/pcper.
- 00:00:06 – Intro
- 00:01:40 – Review: NZXT HUE 2 RGB Ambient Lighting Kit V2
- 00:08:22 – News: AMD EPYC Zen 2
- 00:35:11 – Sponsor: Mint Mobile
- 00:38:14 – News: AMD Q2 Financial Results
- 00:47:01 – News: Lisa Su Departure Rumors
- 00:53:32 – News: NVIDIA Driver Security Patch
- 00:57:02 – News: ASUS ZenFone 6
- 01:01:54 – News: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ HDR Monitor
- 01:11:41 – News: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S50 PCIe 4.0 SSD
- 01:17:16 – News: Intel SWAPGS Spectre Flaw
- 01:20:15 – News: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX Motherboard
- 01:23:46 – Picks of the Week
- 01:36:16 – Outro
Picks of the Week
- Jeremy: PSU Testers – Insten & Thermaltake
- Josh: Furminator
- Sebastian: Boston Acoustics A26 Speaker
- Jim: Vacuum Wars
- iTunes: Audio / Video
- Google Play
- RSS: Audio / Video
- Direct Download (01:38:25)
- Join us on Discord
Re: picks of the week
I wrote Jim and Josh recently with this simple suggestion concerning vacuum cleaners:
A Dewalt shop vac has a hose fitting on the exhaust side, which is great for blowing dust out of a running PC.
Saves tons of cash otherwise spent on compressed air cans.
The air velocity is moderate, and I find that a running PC’s fans help remove the dust from the chassis components.
Then, of course, one must do something about the dust that settles on the floor, but that too is manageable.
I actually use one of these: DataVac Electric Duster. It has some serious blowing power…
Ah ha! They have looked at the best vacuum ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88iVCBe_ho8