The ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 Uses Intel Coolers
Mini-ITX X570 Board with Thunderbolt 3 and…Intel cooling?
The ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 isn’t your typical mini-ITX AM4 motherboard. Not only does it offer Thunderbolt 3 connectivity but it offers unique cooling support, swapping the standard AMD retention bracket for an Intel cooler mount (!). This decision may have been made due to space limitations with this design, and it is certainly a novel approach for an AMD board.
“LGA 115X Mounting hole: A special design that uses Intel LGA 115X mounting holes instead of AMD retention bracket.”
ASRock has created a list of compatible coolers for this motherboard, available here. Supported models currently include:
- Corsair: H45, H60 (2018), H75 (2018), H80i V2, H100i RGB PLATINUM SE, H100i RGB Platinum, H100i Pro RGB, H100i, H100i v2, H110i, H115i PRO RGB, H150i PRO RGB
- Noctua: NH-L12S, NH-C14S, NH-L9i, NH-D9L, NH-U9S, NH-L9x65
- Silverstone: NT08-115XP, NT06-PRO, HE01, AR11, AR02
In addition to the unusual cooling support and Thunderbolt 3 the X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 supplies ASRock’s Super Alloy motherboard build quality and 10-phase power delivery, with Intel Wi-Fi 6 and an Intel Gigabit NIC onboard. And, of course, RGB.
Features from ASRock include:
- Support for AMD AM4 Socket Ryzen 2000 and 3000 Series processors
- Support for DDR4 4533+ (OC)
- 1x PCIe 4.0 x16
- 4x SATA3, 1x Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4)
- 1x Thunderbolt 3 Type-C
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4Gbps) + BT 5.0
- Intel Gigabit LAN
- Realtek ALC1220 7.1 CH HD Audio, Supports Creative Sound Blaster Cinema 5
- 3x USB 3.2 Gen2 (2 Rear Type A), 4x USB 3.2 Gen1 (2 Front, 2 Rear)
- ASRock Polychrome SYNC
As to pricing, Newegg has the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 in stock for $239.99.