Humankind Needs A New Civilizations
In Amplitude’s New 4X Game The Map Is The Territory
One aspect of 4X games which has been getting somewhat out of hand are the number of screens you are required to click through to keep your burgeoning empire happy and growing. In many cases the screens have links other screens nested inside them to the point where it can be a bit of a chore to find the one aspect you were looking to change or double check and this is something Amplitude intends to avoid in Humankind.
Similar to Sid Meier’s Civ series there are six ages to progress through from neolithic to modern, each with 10 different cultures to choose from which means that over time your empire will assimilate and grow in unique patterns. You may end up with a mix of Egyptian pyramids and Japanese temples depending on the cultures you choose as your civilization grows through the various ages, assuming you don’t take advantage of the Transcend option.
Check out the teaser over at Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN and make sure to take a look at [CELL]IVIZATION below for a totally Excel-lent take on this type of game!
Voleau said that a downside to strategy games is that they often turn into games of multiple screens, switching from one to another, in a process that can be scary for players who aren’t experts in the genre.
More Tech News From Around The Web
- s0lly’s [CELL]IVIZATION by s0lly
- Wot I Think: GreedFall @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- GreedFall Benchmark Test & Performance Analysis @ TechPowerUp
- Control RTX: A guide to ray tracing and what you need to get the best performance @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Control Benchmark Test & RTX Performance Analysis @ TechPowerUp
- Humble RPG Bundle
- Humble Spooky Horror Bundle 2019
- Gears of War 5: PC graphics performance benchmarks @ Guru3D
- Gears of War 5 hands-on: A new blockbuster for the game-subscription era @ Ars Technica
- Gears 5 Benchmark Test & Performance Analysis @ TechPowerUp
- Wot I Think – Hunt: Showdown @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Rebel Galaxy Outlaw: Well, lookie here! For once a space game that doesn’t promise the universe @ The Register
- Empire Of Sin is looking so good it should be illegal @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- System Shock 3’s Shodan comes to life in new pre-alpha trailer @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN