Addlink S70 1TB NVMe PCIe SSD, Eleven Cents A GB
What’s In A Name Anyway?
Sure, you’ve likely never heard of Addlink before nor their S70 lineup of NVMe SSDs but does that matter if the components are familiar? The drive uses the usual Phison PS5012-E12 controller paired with 64-layer TLC NAND from Toshiba, a mix we are very familiar with in far more popular SSDs, so can the manufacturer really have much of an impact on performance? The Guru of 3D tested the drive against a Samsung 970 EVO Plus and a T-Force Cardera Liquid, in addition to their usual stable of drives.
If you squint very closely you can almost see a difference, excepting of course the write limit one must expect with TLC NAND, which in this case hits after 25GB.
We received an email from Addlink claiming they offer an SSD (Addlink S70 1TB NVMe PCIe 3x4 SSD) that often gets compared being 'a Samsung EVO 970's nightmare' in relation the price of just 114 USD for 1TB.
More Tech News From Around The Web
- Team Group Cardea II 1 TB NVMe SSD @ TechPowerUp
- Patriot P200 512GB SSD @ Modders-Inc
- Patriot P200 Performance SSD Review @ Hardware Asylum
- Toshiba N300 NAS 14TB (HDWG21EEZSTA) HDD @ Kitguru
- iStorage datAshur PRO2 Review @ Neoseeker
- Team Group’s USB 3.1 Gen 1 Portable PD400 240GB SSD Review For Gamers at BabelTechReviews
- PNY Pro Elite 1TB External SSD Drive @ Kitguru