Vamping Around In Baldur’s Gate 3
Just Stay Out Of The Water And Politely Ask To Come In
Larian decided to enforce all the rules with the vampires in Baldur’s Gate 3, no sunlight, they can’t cross running water nor can they enter a structure without permissions; holy symbols have always been an issue for bloodsuckers in D&D. This is important because as it turns out you won’t be playing an illithid in the game, but will instead be a vampire spawn, which implies you have been drained to death by a full fledged vampire at some point and are now under it’s control whenever it wants to dominate you.
There may be some benefits to your undead status, including regeneration and a xenomorph-like disregard for floors. It might even prevent your brain from being munched or implanted, then again there was a vampiric Illithid in Baldur’s Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. If you are curious about what Larian is saying about BG3 you can drop by Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN to watch the interview with the game’s lead systems designer, Nick Pechenin,
If you don’t want to spoil anything, early access may start next month at which point you will be able to see a lot more of the game.
Unfortunately for Astarion, there just so happens to be a large river right next to where you spawn in the very first section of Baldur’s Gate 3. According to the game’s lead systems designer, Nick Pechenin, it’s possible to kill the poor vamp within 15 seconds of spawning in.
More Tech News From Around The Web
- Red Dead Redemption 2: PC graphics benchmark review (re-tested) @ Guru of 3D
- Carrion @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Carrion @ Overclockers Club
- Maid Of Sker @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Death Stranding Benchmark Test & Performance Analysis @ TechPowerUp
- Beyond A Steel Sky’s hacker tool is the best toy ever @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble Best of Paradox Interactive Bundle
- Stardew Valley’s coronavirus mod finds dark comedy in the pandemic @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble Raw Fury 2020 Bundle
- Roguelite Superhot follow-up Mind Control Delete is out now @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- GOG Galaxy 2.0 users get Epic Games Store integration @ HEXUS
- Death Stranding PC Performance @ Kitguru
- New PC games coming out in 2020 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
This article is rife with misinformation. Astarion, the vampire spawn, is only one of several origin characters available, not to mention the endless options for a custom character. Also, your character WILL have an illithid tadpole in their head, regardless of origin (including Astarion).