Is Your GPU Worthy To Enter Valhalla?
Setting The Scene In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
The newest Assassin’s Creed has arrived, this time to the great dismay of the denizens of England as Viking longships arrive and set up stakes. If you are curious about the gameplay and story you can find a number of reviews below which will give you some idea of what the game is and it’s good and bad parts are. If you are more concerned about how it will perform on your current system then check out TechPowerUp.
Fair warning for those currently disappointed with the availability of current generation GPUs, the benchmarks include the RTX 3070, 3080 and 3090 but there are no RX 6800XT results to torment you. These tests will vary from sites which used the built in benchmark as TPU ran their tests from a section of the game … which they are probably all to familiar with at the moment.
If you are aiming for 1080p then an RTX 2060 or GTX 1080 Ti will see you just over 60fps while a RX 5700 XT will push you pass 70fps. You could almost hit 60fps with an RX 5600XT or Vega 64, if you happen to have one, while any more powerful GPU will ensure your high refresh rate display will be fed. Those preferring 1440p will want a GTX 2080 Ti or a video card they can’t buy, less cards would need you to drop some settings to be able to aim for 60fps.
At 4K, there is nothing on the market, available or not, which can give you decent frame rates without availing yourself of graphical tricks and reductions. Check out the results as well as what TPU thought of it, if you are so inclined.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla has the most impressive graphics we've seen in a long time. The vast open-world of Northern Europe has never looked better. We review the game's performance on 18 graphics cards, including the full Ampere lineup, at three resolutions, up to 4K.
More Tech News From Around The Web
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla review: A Viking quest worth sinking your axe into @ Ars Technica
- 15 years later, Samorost 2 gets a surprise enhancement update @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Star Wars: Squadrons devs say they’re not doing another Star War @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Godfall Benchmark Test & Performance Analysis @ TechPowerUp
- Humble Sweet Farm Fall Bundle
- Best Stellaris mods @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- DiRT 5 @ Overclockers Club
- Humble Fall VR Bundle
- More artwork from the next Mass Effect has surfaced @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Let’s follow Keanu through Cyberpunk 2077’s Night City @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN