Podcast #611 – CES 2021 News stories – AMD, Intel, Nvidia, Samsung, Thermaltake + More!
Join us this week for a look back at a somewhat underwhelming CES 2021. The staff looks at some highlights including news from AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA, and some other topics outlined in the timestamps below.
Fear not, Sebastian does rejoin the show after about 5 minutes. However, there is a general consensus that Kent is likely better looking based on what people write in the comments anyway.
We do the run down on a few newsy CES 2021 items, and I’ll copy this from the email because it was just that good:
- The Burger Update – because.
- AMD makes snooze, I mean news
- Intel CPUs – yes, they’ll have better ones!
- Intel CEO – yes, they’ll have a different one!
- Nvidia Gaming Event and GPU updates. What’s MSRP again?
- Other CES Releases and Announcements from such manufacturers as:
There was not planned to be a musical number this evening, but a short one did sneak in.
If you are a Patreon member, please go enjoy yourself with the full uncut episode!
If not, please consider supporting us by becoming one of our valued patrons. You folks keep this art form alive so thanks!
Not one, but two great sponsors this evening!
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:40 Josh Burger Update
- 05:24 Virtual CES Report
- 06:29 AMD Ryzen 5000 Mobile CPUs
- 15:26 Intel 11th Gen Desktop CPUs
- 22:05 Intel Tiger Lake H35
- 26:46 Intel Appoints Pat Gelsinger CEO
- 30:17 Jim Keller Joins Tenstorrent
- 34:07 AD 1: RemoteHQ
- 35:53 NVIDIA RTX Game On Event
- 41:33 Josh’s Cat Destroys His Desk
- 43:35 EVGA Addresses Pending GPU Price Increases
- 45:37 Thermaltake ARGENT Peripherals, TOUGHAIR Coolers
- 54:16 AD 2: LinkedIn Talent Solutions
- 55:25 NZXT N7 Z490 Motherboard
- 1:00:12 LG Rollable Phone
- 1:03:03 Samsung MicroLED TV
- 1:05:03 Fallout New Vegas Total Conversion
- 1:06:54 CD PROJEKT RED Apology
- 1:09:14 MSI Graphics Cards
- 1:11:52 Picks of the Week
- 1:24:09 Outro