Podcast #612 – News Happens! AMD SAM, Corsair 5000D & LIVA Q1D Reviews, Thermaltake Tower, TSMC 3nm, PC Sales! + More!
With no big launches to speak of, there’s a few news items from CES 2021 to talk about plus a few fresh items! Such as how to get AMD SAM working, TSMC baking chips at 3nm, PC Sales are huge, and Intel Rocketlake-S pricing is leaked.
We’ve got the Corsair 5000D airflow and very mini LIVA Q1D reviews to go over. Plus Nvidia releases a new Pascal card (GT 1010) and Samsung has got an updated 870 EVO SSD!
Finally, Jeremy is off on his pub tour for the evening, but we did not panic. Jim graciously stepped back in for the evening show, filling in 4th square.
Josh does the burger thing, and wonders why he does not have a brightly colored microphone.
We would welcome your support of the show, our live performance art if you will. Please consider helping us out over at our Patreon if you are able. You folks help keep this crazy art form alive so thanks!
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:58 Josh Burger Update
- 05:59 3nm On Track at TSMC
- 09:58 Samsung Intros 870 EVO SATA SSD
- 14:37 Josh Complains That He Doesn’t Have an RGB Mic
- 16:42 TechSpot Tests AMD Smart Access Memory
- 22:18 PC Sales Are WAY Up
- 24:22 Thermaltake ITX Tower 100
- 27:03 Pascal Lives – Enter the GT 1010
- 28:55 NVIDIA Restarting 2060 Production
- 29:56 Intel Rocket Lake-S Pricing Leak?
- 32:11 Brett Reviews the Corsair 5000D Case
- 41:29 Sebastian’s ECS LIVA Q1D Mini PC Review
- 47:14 Picks of the Week
- 57:24 Outro
- Josh: Slippers are making a comeback
- Jim: Discovery+ And it might even be: free?
- Brett: The Shack Is Back – Get Your Coco
- Sebastian: The Soundblaster CT1600 2 card is up to $300. Damn.