Western Digital’s Shiny Black D50 Game Dock
It Says Gaming, So It Has To Have LEDs
At it’s heart the WD Black D50 Game Dock is a WD SN730 drive, with their own controller, either 1TB or 2TB of BiCS4 96-Layer TLC 3D NAND and the SLC Cache, aka nCache 3.0, you would find on a any other SN730 drive. What makes it different is it is in a Thunderbolt 3 enclosure, with more than a few extras included, which makes it both portable and powerful.
In addition to the TB3 input, the D50 Game Dock offers three USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A ports, a pair of USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C, a single DisplayPort 1.4 output, combo audio port and even a Gigabit Ethernet. With this much choice of inputs and outputs you could use the D50 in a number of scenarios, far more than just as basic removable storage.
WD’s SSD Dashboard software offers a bevy of information about the health of your drive, including live performance measures. Kitguru tested with more than just the software WD provided and found that the drive is more than capable of being used to carry games around, both reads and writes were measured at over 2,500MB/s. The software also lets you play with the lights, if you don’t want to let your motherboard’s RGB controller handle it.
WD’s Black D50 Game Dock combines a fast NVMe M.2 SSD with a Thunderbolt 3 interface and adds more ports than you can shake a stick at. No gaming product is complete without RGB lighting these days either, so WD has even added some LEDs to the Game Dock. Can it justify the £430 asking price?
More Tech News From Around The Web
- TerraMaster D2 Clone Review @ Neoseeker
- ICY DOCK ToughArmor MB840M2P-B NVMe Mobile Rack @ TechPowerUp
- Icy Dock MB861U31-1M2B ICYNano @ OCInside
- TerraMaster F5-221 NAS Review @ Neoseeker
- Silicon Power UD70 PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD @ Guru of 3D
- Samsung 980 Pro 2TB M.2 @ Tweaktown
- Team T-Force Cardea Ceramic C440 1TB M.2 @ Tweaktown
- Silicon Power US70 PCIe 4.0 NVMe @ Guru of 3D
- Kingston DC450R 3.84TB @ Kitguru
- KIOXIA Exceria Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD Review @ NikKTech
- WD Black SN850 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Corsair MP600 Pro 1 TB @ TechPowerUp
Bro this thing is trash how a hard drive gonna output video 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Why y’all delete my comment don’t hide the fact that a hard drive can’t display video bruh 🤣🤣🤣🤣
If you’re actually serious, you guys might want to look up what a Thunderbolt 3 dock does. Here’s one for example: https://www.amazon.com/CalDigit-TS3-Plus-Thunderbolt-Dock/dp/B07CZPV8DF/