AMD Announces Radeon RX 6700 XT Graphics Card
RX 6700 XT Costs $479, Launches March 18
AMD has announced their latest graphics card, with the new Radeon RX 6700 XT joining the RX 6800 Series as a lower cost RDNA 2 option (though, as we are all painfully aware, in this climate list price doesn’t mean anything).
Here’s a look at the updated RX 6000 Series family:
|AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT||AMD Radeon RX 6800||AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT||AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT|
|Memory||12GB GDDR6||16GB GDDR6||16GB GDDR6||16GB GDDR6|
|Memory Interface||192 bit||256 bit||256 bit||256 bit|
|Game Clock||2424 MHz||1815 MHz||2015 MHz||2015 MHz|
|Boost Clock||Up to 2581||Up to 2105 MHz||Up to 2250 MHz||Up to 2250 MHz|
|Infinity Cache||96 MB||128 MB||128 MB||128 MB|
|Total Board Power||230W||250W||300W||300W|
The announced pricing for the Radeon RX 6700 XT is $479, with a launch date of March 18 for both AMD and AIB partner designs. As to performance, AMD’s testing shows these results vs. NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 3060 Ti and RTX 3070 at 1440/max settings in select games:
Other announcements during the presentation include the addition of AMD Smart Access Memory support for AMD Ryzen 3000 Processors when using RX 6000 Series GPUs, and AMD’s ray tracing and DLSS-like FidelityFX technologies were showcased across several games.
More details are quoted from AMD’s press release below:
The AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics card is built on 7nm process technology and AMD RDNA 2 gaming architecture, designed to deliver the optimal combination of performance and power efficiency. Additional features and capabilities include:
- AMD Infinity Cache – 96MB of last-level data cache on the GPU die provides up to 2.5X higher bandwidth at the same power level as traditional architectures5 to provide higher gaming performance.
- AMD Smart Access Memory – Unlocks higher performance when pairing AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards with AMD Ryzen 5000 or select Ryzen 3000 Series Desktop Processors and AMD 500-series motherboards. Providing AMD Ryzen processors with access to high-speed GDDR6 graphics memory can deliver a performance uplift of up to 16 percent6.
- 12GB High-Speed GDDR6 VRAM – Designed to handle the increasing texture loads and greater visual demands of today’s modern games at higher resolutions and max settings, the new graphics card with 12GB of GDDR6 of memory allows gamers to easily power through today and tomorrow’s demanding AAA titles.
- AMD FidelityFX – Integrated into more than 40 games and counting, AMD FidelityFX is an open-source toolkit of visual enhancement effects for game developers available at AMD GPUOpen. Optimized for AMD Radeon graphics, it includes a robust collection of rasterized lighting, shadow and reflection effects that can be integrated into the latest games with minimal performance overhead.
- DirectX Raytracing (DXR) – AMD RDNA 2 architecture-based graphics cards are optimized to deliver real-time lighting, shadow and reflection realism with DXR, providing a stunning gaming experience. When paired with AMD FidelityFX, developers can combine rasterized and ray-traced effects to provide an ideal balance of image quality and gaming performance.
- AMD Radeon Anti-Lag – Now with support for the DirectX 12 API, AMD Radeon Anti-Lag decreases input-to-display response times, making games more responsive and offering a competitive edge in gameplay.
- AMD Radeon Boost – Now with support for Variable Rate Shading, AMD Radeon Boost delivers up to a 27 percent performance increase9 during fast-motion gaming scenarios by dynamically reducing image resolution or by varying shading rates for different regions of a frame, increasing framerates and fluidity, and bolstering responsiveness with virtually no perceptual impact on image quality.