AMD Radeon Adrenalin 21.4.1 Released with New Features
The New Drivers Are Here! The New Drivers Are Here!
More than your typical version update, today’s new Radeon Software Adrenalin release, numbered 21.4.1, is bringing some new functionality to the table. AMD lists “customizable installation options, enhanced recording and streaming functionality, PlayReady AV1 support, and new stability features” among these new features, as well as “high-performance remote gaming on Windows PCs in addition to phones, tablets and TVs” via AMD Link.
AMD Radeon Software is the gateway to unlock the full potential of the AMD gaming experience, designed to deliver responsive gaming, vivid visuals and a complete experience for gamers. Existing features like AMD FreeSync, AMD Radeon Anti-Lag and AMD Radeon Boost deliver ultra-high framerate, low latency gaming, while features like AMD Radeon Image Sharpening and the AMD FidelityFX developer tools enable incredibly immersive, visually stunning games. Building upon this foundation, AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1 provides several new and updated features, including:
- AMD Link – A free application to connect a gaming PC with a tablet, phone or TV – and now another Windows-based PC – lets users turn any screen into a gaming powerhouse from virtually anywhere. The new AMD Link Game feature allows users to invite a friend to connect to their PC from another AMD Radeon system to play games that support local multiplayer or split screen mode. AMD Link also offers 144 FPS (max)2, higher bandwidth streaming options, support for 5.1 surround sound audio, and reduced streaming latency of up to 60 percent in CS:GO.3
- Simplified User Interface – Based on community feedback, the latest software release provides several customizable installation options. Gamers can elect to do a full installation or a minimal installation with a streamlined user interface, or a small-footprint, driver-only installation. Additional updates include an improved search bar, the availability of additional gameplay stats on the games tab and more.
- Expanded Performance Metrics & Tuning – Users can now view both Radeon graphics and Ryzen™ processor performance metrics from a single location, including CPU utilization, clock speed, temperature, voltage, power consumption, and fan speed, enabling them to better optimize system performance and power efficiency.
- Enhanced Recording and Streaming – Integrating all recording and streaming settings under a single tab, the new AMD Radeon Software release offers scene editor usability enhancements, improved sorting and tagging functionality, and a new wizard4 to make it easier for entry-level users to begin streaming.
- Color Deficiency Correction – Customizable settings allow users with the three major color vision deficiency conditions – protanopia, deuteranopia and tritanopia – to experience games in more vivid detail without any expected performance impact.
- Microsoft PlayReady AV1 Support – Support for the open-source, royalty-free PlayReady AV1 hardware-accelerated decode for AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards ensures high-quality, protected content.
- AMD Crash Defender – A new stability feature to ensure systems “stay alive,” preserve data and fully recover from potential hangs or crashes in select scenarios. Paired with the AMD Bug Report Tool, Radeon Software can provide a more complete picture of user-submitted issues for quicker resolution by AMD support teams.