Cancel That COMPUTEX 2021 Hotel Booking
The organizing body of COMPUTEX first announced in March of 2020 their plans to delay the conference from June to September, before notifying attendees that the show would be delayed until June 1-5 of 2021, but not actually cancelled. Their plan, up until today, was to invite people to attend an AI driven Online-Merge-Offline exhibition, with at least some people attending the conference in person this year. If you had bet that this plan would change before the date rolled around then congratulations, you can collect on that bet today as TAITRA the TCA announced that Computex 2021 must be exclusively virtual this year.
Computex 2021 is not the only conference to try to avoid going completely virtual, today the Mobile World Conference have announced that changes to the Spanish government’s travel recommendations will allow them to attempt to have physical attendees. They had previously announced very limited attendance, with EU citizens that had completed the proper screening to travel to Spain being invited. It is scheduled to start on June 28, which is still far enough away for things to change.
PAX East, West, and Unplugged are still planned to take place, with the first scheduled for June. Currently they look to be virtual but that could change in the coming months as well. Gamescom 2021 is planned to be hybrid, as is E3 and most of the remaining shows for 2021. We will miss the hands on time with new products but fear not, we will be covering them in whatever form they take.
Event organisers the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) and Taipei Computer Association (TCA) announced that the event would return to the real world in December 2020.
More Tech News From Around The Web
- Nvidia now lets “RTX Voice” noise cancellation run on GTX-level cards@ Ars Technica
- Facebook Says It’s Your Fault That Hackers Got Half a Billion User Phone Numbers @ Slashdot
- Google illegally tracking Android users, according to new complaint @ Ars Technica
- Yep, the ‘Who owns Linux?’ case is back from the dead @ The Register
- Soft robot dives 10 km under the ocean @ PhysicsWorld
- Bitcoin Mining Emissions In China Will Hit 130 Million Tons By 2024 @ Slashdot
- HyperX Gaming Spectre React Eyewear @ Tweaktown