Bethesda’s Starfield Will Be Like Fallout In Space?
Like Skyrim But With Guns … And Spaceships
While it is unlikely that Alden Ehrenreich, the most recent Han Solo simulator, will appear in Starfield but that is how Bethesda’s managing director Ashely Cheung described their upcoming outer space RPG. The trailer that Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN posted shows a very detailed ship interior, from the boarding ramp, through crew space and up to the cockpit. This did work well for Outer Worlds, but not so well for X4 Foundations, so we shall see how Bethesda handles your mobile home in Starfield.
The game will incorporate backgrounds in character generation, again something which has had mixed success in Skyrim and ‘Skyrim but in the future’. The trailer does certainly look pretty and reveals an interesting style to the game, a little more Firefly than Star Wars regardless of the comparisons. There looks to be the possibility of robot companions, or at least robot NPCs at the landing pads. There isn’t much to go on yet, but you can see what there is here.
"For me, Starfield is the Han Solo simulator. Get in a ship, explore the galaxy, do fun stuff," he says.
More Tech News From Around The Web
- Steam Next Fest is showering us with hundreds of demos again this week @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- The biggest PC titles showcased at E3 2021 @ HEXUS
- Evil Dead: The Game looks heavy on action, light on slapstick @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- King’s Field Retrospective: Exploring the Roots of Elden Ring and Dark Souls @ Techspot
- Going Medieval is a RimWorld clone – with one brilliant, game-changing difference @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Going Medieval (Early Access) @ OverclockersClub
- After 11 years, the X-Com-esque UFO 2 is out now @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Out In The Open World Bundle
- Chivalry 2 will “double in size” with free content updates, devs say @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Rainbow Six Siege gets hearty Nvidia DLSS performance boost @ HEXUS
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong introduces our Malkavian protagonist @ Rock, Paperm, SHOTGUN