Jade Audio JD3, Relatively Inexpensive In Ear Monitors
Function Over Form
The Jade Audio JD3 in-ear monitors may not look like much but there are some rather interesting features in these ~$20 earbuds. The drivers contain 9.2 mm composite diaphragms with neodymium magnets and copper-clad aluminium wire voice coils which make the JD3’s a bit better than your average set of earbuds. That said, TechPowerUp also found that they end up being only a little better than other in-ear monitors at this price.
Their reasoning is that the Jade Audio JD3 might be able to handle bass fairly well, it is anemic compared to higher end monitors; though to be fair asking a ~$20 product coming close but not outperforming something 10 times it’s price seems a bit much. Long story short, if you are looking for very affordable in-ear monitors that don’t swamp everything in bass then these are worth a look. If you have extremely discerning ears, then look below for some significantly higher end audio solutions.
FiiO, via its sub-brand Jade Audio, has released a wallet-friendly set of well-tuned IEMs to appeal to entry-level music lovers worldwide. The JD3 uses a custom 9.2 mm dynamic driver paired with a semi-open acoustic chamber and an all-steel unibody construction for improved build quality, and throws in an integrated microphone with line controls for a great price!
More Tech News From Around The Web
- Padmate PaMu Z1 Bluetooth Active Noise Cancelling Earbuds @ TechPowerUp
- Lime Ears Pneuma IEMs + Hapa Audio KnØt IEM Cable @ TechPowerUp
- EPOS H3 Hybrid Closed Acoustic Gaming Headset with Bluetooth Review @ NikKTech
- Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless XT Gaming Headset @ Tweaktown
- XENNS UP In-Ear Monitors @ TechPowerUp
- Edifier G5000 Gaming Speakers @ Kitguru