A Small Update On Flintlock: The Siege Of Dawn
It’s Been A Long Time Since We Saw A Gunpowder Fantasy RPG
You could consider Final Fantasy a gunpowder fantasy, though that is a bit of a stretch. There was Fable and Pillars Of Eternity which included guns in their worlds but it has been over 20 years since Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura launched. Flintlock: The Siege Of Dawn is due out later this year, though that may be ambitious considering the released teaser trailers have been fairly light on actual gameplay. That may just be A44 Games being cagey, as opposed to an indicator of a pending delay.
Flintlock: The Siege Of Dawn seems more like Glen Cook’s Instrumentalities of the Night series, with gunpower finally giving humanity a chance in battles against gods … as long as you load your cannons with the right ammunition that is. Flintlock: The Siege Of Dawn seems a bit more like those novels than it does Arcanum. Dawn is a city which humans were given the boot from, and now contains a gate to the lands of the dead, a whole bunch of undead who wandered through the gates and the old gods who were the ones to show humanity the door and is not at all appreciative of their attempts to re-enter the city.
What little gameplay has been revealed shows something half way between an Elder Scrolls and a Souls-like game. If done well, it could be rather interesting. Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN provides a look at the latest developer trailer here.
Flintlock: The Siege Of Dawn is due to launch later this year on Steam and Epic's game store, the Epic Game Store. It'll also be available on Xbox Game Pass on day one.
More Tech News From Around The Web
- Wolfenstein 3D secrets revealed by John Romero in lengthy post-mortem chat @ Ars Technica
- Abermore review: an indie Thief-’em-up that steals your time in the worst way @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Breaking down Sony’s confusing PlayStation Plus subscription relaunch @ Ars Technica
- After ten years of development, Skyblivion looks stunning @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Ghostwire Tokyo: DLSS vs. TSR vs. FSR Comparison @ TechPowerUp
- The Stanley Parable’s expanded Ultra Deluxe edition finally arrives in April @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble Europa Universalis IV Bundle
- Why Crusader Kings 3 still feels new-chainmail-fresh after 18 months on the throne @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Warzone Dev Says Game Is Losing Players Over ‘Insane’ Download Sizes @ Slashdot
- Elden Ring Review: One Ring to Rule Them All @ Tweaktown