ASUS Introduces the ZenBook 14X OLED Space Edition Laptop
ASUS Continues Their Star Trek
Did you know that ASUS sent a laptop into space 25 years ago? Well, they did. And now, 25 years later, they are commemorating this event by releasing a commemorative (wait for it) laptop! It’s the ZenBook 14X OLED Space Edition, and as the name indicates this is an OLED-equipped model, sporting a 2.8K (2880×1800) touch display.
Quoting ASUS here, the “ASUS Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition laptop design is inspired by the 1998 space-travel event. Space themes and motifs are embedded within the patterns, color and new technologies. It’s the era of space travel for all“.
Featuring an ultra-modern space-themed design in a special Zero-G Titanium color, the Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition celebrates a key milestone in the history of ASUS laptops. The exclusive ZenVision rear display shows customizable messages and animations, allowing the user to give those around them a window into their personality.
It’s also powered up to 12th Generation Intel Core i9 H-Series processors and Intel Iris Xe graphics, 32 GB RAM, a PCIe 4.0 x4 SSD, and WiFi 6E. The expansive 16:10 2.8K OLED HDR 90Hz PANTONE Validated touchscreen delivers ultra-realistic DisplayHDR True Black 500-certified visuals, with a 100% DCI-P3 gamut and TÜV Rheinland-certified eye care.
ZenVision is a 3.5-inch OLED monochrome display located on the lid of the laptop that can display static text or graphic animations. Space-Theme mode displays an animated theme, while Smart Notifications mode can show time, date or battery status. In Personal-Identity Tag mode, custom text messages can be displayed for all to see. The information displayed on ZenVision is configured via the easy-to-use MyASUS app.
Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition has been tested to space-grade standards, withstanding extreme vibration and temperature and using the US Space Systems Command Standard SMC-S-016A testing protocols3 . It is capable of withstanding extreme vibration that is 4 times more than our standard Military Grade durability as well as resisting the extreme temperatures when the laptop is operational from -24 to 61 ͦ C. Additionally, it meets the US Department of Defense’s MIL-STD 810H durability standards, including power-on drop tests and operation under extreme humidity and altitude.
- ASUS ZenBook 14X OLED Space Edition (UX5401ZAS)
- CPU: 12th Gen Intel Core i9 H-Series processor – 12900H
- Display: 14” 16:10 2.8K OLED (2880×1800) slim-bezel NanoEdge display (touch)
- Graphics: Intel Iris Xe graphics
- Main memory: 32GB LPDDR5 onboard
- Storage: 1 TB PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 SSD
- Up to dual-band Intel Wi-Fi 6E
- Bluetooth 5.2
- Camera: 720p HD camera
- I/O ports
- 2 x Thunderbolt 4 USB-C with ASUS USB-C Easy Charge
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
- 1 x Standard HDMI 2.0
- 1 x MicroSD card reader
- 1 x Audio Combo Jack
- Touchpad: ASUS NumberPad 2.0
- Certified by Harman Kardon/ Dolby Atmos
- Array microphone with Cortana and Alexa voice-recognition support
- Battery: 63 Wh 3-cell lithium-polymer battery
- AC adapter:
- Output: 20 V DC, 5 A, 100 W
- Input: 100-240 V AC, 50 / 60 Hz universal
- Operating system: Windows 11 Pro (ASUS recommends Windows 11 Pro for business)
- Dimensions: 311 X 221 X 15.9 mm
- Weight: Approx. 3.09 lb
Availability and Pricing
The ASUS Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition carries an MSRP of $1999.99 USD, and is already listed on Amazon and Newegg – though currently out of stock (May 12 is Newegg’s ETA).
Remember them showing this off a while ago. It’s a shame there’s no dedicated GPU for doing any graphical intensive work.
Yeah. Iris Xe is the deal-breaker for me. Looks great otherwise.