Free Elderly Games To Scroll Through While In Enemy Territory
Get Off My Lawn And Go Play Elder Scrolls
If you are young a fan of the Elder Scrolls series you might have missed the inception of the 3D sword and sorcery genre. Until the release of Elder Scrolls: Arena, the first person dungeon crawlers tended to only show a small window with limited animation, with your party members listed below and text information at the top. While they were an interesting change from the isometric RPGs they were not quite Hexen: Beyond Heretic.
Elder Scrolls Arena, and Daggerfall after it, were unique and for some rather scary as your graph paper was rendered almost useless in the dungeons and caves of Cyrodiil. Travel back in time to before Skyrim was even a thought, prior to the Daedra taking a vacation from Oblivion and Morrowind was still a mysterious place to anyone but the Dunmer. Find out just why you are dealing with the Emperor Uriel Septim’s decisions to this day.
You can also take a break from solo monster slaying to try out an old objective based multiplayer FPS that still plays well even if it might not support ray tracing. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory was originally planned as an expansion to Return to Castle Wolfenstein but Bethesda decided to go a different way with it. No matter how old your hardware has become thanks to the global chip shortage you will be able to get great frame rates on this classic shooter.
All of these games are free to grab from Steam, so why not add them to your collection?
The Emperor Uriel Septim VII sends his champion to the province of High Rock to put the king’s spirit to rest and ensure that the golem does not fall into the wrong hands.
More Tech News From Around The Web
- Sony is Building a Game Preservation Team @ Slashdot
- Darwinia’s 10,000th anniversary edition remasters the classic indie RTS @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Diablo Immortal was built for mobile, but now it’s coming to PCs, too @ Ars Technica
- Baldur’s Gate 3 will launch out of early access in 2023 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Paradox gives its official blessing to Vampire: The Masquerade fangames @ Ars Technica
- Godzilla and King Kong are coming to stomp Call Of Duty: Warzone and Vanguard in May @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble X Universe Bundle
- Galactic Civilizations 4 expands out of early access on Epic Games Store today @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble Jurassic World Evolution Bundle
- The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe has a cursed awareness of its own weird, culty relevance @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe is a mandatory game for comedy fans @ Ars Technica
- Dune: Spice Wars early access review: a compact 4X that falters in the middle @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- In rare interview, Monkey Island designers tell Ars about long-awaited Return @ Ars Technica
- Wave goodbye to Bethesda’s terrible launcher as they start their big migration to Steam @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN