The Affordable Montech Sky One Lite ATX Case
That’s A Lot Of Features For $70
The Montech Sky One Lite is a less expensive version of the original Sky One case. It is a seven slot ATX case with support for up to eight fans, of which only three are limited to 120mm fans. It is made of steel, plastic, and tempered glass with a decent mesh front that should help keep dirt out without impeding airflow. It also comes with a USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C plug on the top and an ARGB controller as well.
TechPowerUp tested the Sky One Lite in the configuration it arrives in, with three 120mm fans installed. It did quite well in the thermal tests, maintaining a solid place in the middle of the pack. The noise was a little much, at 48.4 dBA under serious load; which can be fixed by upgrading the cooling. There was a lot they liked about this case, though the had to call out Montech for using blue USB 3.0 ports.
The Montech Sky One Lite is not simply a cheaper version of the original Sky One. It diverges from what the original offered and improves on several elements, while balancing well focused, useful functionality to provide a budget chassis that manages to punch well above its weight.
More Tech News From Around The Web
- Montech Sky One Lite @ Kitguru
- Thermaltake SWAFAN 12 RGB @ TechPowerUp
- Fractal Design Focus 2 @ Guru of 3D
- XPG Valor Air @ TechPowerUp
- Fractal Design Focus 2 RGB @ TechPowerUp
- Fractal Design Pop Air RGB @ Guru of 3D
- EK-Quantum Surface P360M Radiator @ TechPowerUp
- Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.C CPU Cooler @ Guru of 3D