The Finalmouse Centerpiece Keyboard Has A GPU And Runs Unreal Engine
It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
RGBs were apparently just a gateway drug to truly excessive keyboard design as has been revealed in the promo video for the Finalmouse Centerpiece keyboard. They’ve abandoned per key lighting and gone straight to a full laminated display circuit glass stack behind clear plastic keys. The display is powered by an unspecified CPU and GPU and it runs Unreal Engine 5 to power it’s lightshow.
It is a fair bet that the silicon is from ARM, though at $350 it probably isn’t an M1. You can port Unreal Engine 5 to mobile devices, suggesting we are looking at Snapdragon level silicon but for now they aren’t saying. The reveal video, which you can see at The Register, showed off several interactive skins and a game you can play directly on the keyboard itself, which owners will be able to grab from Steam.
The switches are from Gateron and will be similar to their black linear switches; no news on if those will be the only switches offered or if there will be variations. It is also worth noting that the legends for the keys on the Finalmouse Centerpiece have been moved to the front to better let your Unreal effects shine through.
Instead of per-key RGB, the keyboard buries a full-color display that displays your choice of animations beneath a set of transparent keycaps and mechanical switches.
More Tech News From Around The Web
- Intel Re-Orgs AXG Graphics Group, Raja Koduri Moves Back To Chief Architect Role @ Slashdot
- Linux kernel 6.2 promises multiple filesystem improvements @ The Register
- Microsoft pushes emergency fix for Windows Server Hyper-V VM issues @ Bleeping Computer
- Eufy publicly acknowledges some parts of its “No clouds” controversy @ Ars Technica
- Okta’s Source Code Stolen After GitHub Repositories Hacked @ Slashdot
- Classic point-and-click adventure Broken Sword: Director’s Cut is free on GOG @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Wolfenstein: The New Order is free to keep right now @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Chargeasap Zeus 270 W GaN Wall Charger @ TechPowerUp
Every single product finalmouse makes is instantly bought out by nike shoe bots and the only way to actually buy their stuff is from scalpers on ebay, and then you pay the highest dollar for a product that has, at best, average quality control. Horrible company.
Had no idea, might explain a bit though.