CES 2023: Intel Announces 13th Gen Core Mobile Processors
New 13th Gen Core Mobile Parts are Coming
Intel has announced their 13th Gen Core mobile processor lineup today, which encompasses some 32 new SKUs in the H-series, P-series, and U-series. At the top of the heap is the new flagship, the Intel Core i9-13980HX, which is “the first 24-core processor for a laptop and world’s fastest mobile processor”, according to Intel.
From Intel’s press release:
Intel continues to push the boundaries of performance and expand computing possibilities for gamers and creators with the launch of the 13th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors, which includes the first 24-core processor for a laptop. When combined with unique features like support for both DDR4 and DDR5 memory, best-in-class connectivity and PCIe Gen 5, 13th Gen HX processors deliver the world’s best mobile gaming platform.
The new processor family offers:
- Up to 5.6 gigahertz (GHz) turbo frequency – the highest clock speed available for the laptop market – delivering up to 11% faster single-thread performance3 and 49% faster multitask performance over the previous generation
- Up to 24 cores (8 Performance-cores, 16 Efficient-cores), 32 threads and enhanced Intel Thread Director
- Full memory support of up to 128 gigabyte (GB) total for DDR5 (up to 5,600 megahertz) and DDR4 (up to 3,200 MHz)
- Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) for up to 6x faster internet speeds with no legacy Wi-Fi channel interference
- The latest in Bluetooth connectivity with Intel Bluetooth LE Audio and Bluetooth 5.2 supporting up to 2x faster speeds and multiple device connections with lower power consumption
- Thunderbolt 4 support, delivering transfer speeds up to 40 gigabits per second (Gbps) and PC connectivity to multiple 4K monitors and accessories
- Improved integrated graphics experience based on improved driver stack and key learnings from Intel’s work with discrete graphics
- Overclocking capabilities on all HX and HK SKUs
With five times as many HX laptop designs powered by 13th Gen Intel Core mobile processors compared with 12th Gen, users can choose from 60 HX designs to stream, create and compete at the highest levels.
Intel partners will no doubt have a deluge of new product announcements featuring these 13th Gen Core chips, and at that time we will have an idea of pricing and availability. For more information from Intel, as well as footnotes on the above claims, see Intel’s press release.