Scrutinizing Solidigm’s Synergy 2.0 SSD Software
Get A Performance Increase And Extra Disk Tools For Free? You Bet!
The solid core of SK Hynix’s SSD business is now called Solidigm and it consists of the SSD team they purchased from Intel, and includes a certain someone you might have seen regularly on a podcast a few years back. They are not just a hardware team, they are also heavily into software and their Synergy Software was well received as it’s proprietary NVMe driver would boost a Solidigm drive’s performance by about 5%. The toolbox which would work with any SSD was also a wonderful bonus. Well, they’ve just released Solidigm Synergy 2.0.
Tweaktown were able to test it out with the value focussed P41 Plus, testing the 2TB drive with and without the new software. The results were marked, ranging from a 3% to 8% jump in performance, for free. In addition, the NVMe driver will work with Intel drives as well as Solidigm’s, so you might just have another reason to check it out. If you don’t happen to have either, Solidigm Synergy 2.0 now incorporates a larger variety of tools and diagnostics, which will work on any drive.
Check out the review here, or maybe first you want to make it load faster?
We've seen many proprietary SSD toolboxes and even some proprietary NVMe drivers over the years. Now we have Solidigm pushing them both even further.
More Tech News From Around The Web
- Lexar NM800 Pro w/ Heatsink 2 TB @ TechPowerUp
- Micron 6500 ION 30.72TB SSD @ Tweaktown
- Corsair MP700 2TB SSD @ TweakTown
- Corsair MP700 2 TB @ TechPowerUp
- Lexar Professional NM800 PRO 1TB PCIe Gen4 @ The FPS Review
- ScaleFlux CSD-3310 7.68TB SSD Review – The Compression Advantage @ Tweaktown
- Sabrent Rocket 4 PLUS-G 2TB Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD @ Guru of 3D
- Corsair MP600 Core XT 2 TB @ TechPowerUp
- Acer Predator GM7 1 TB @ TechPowerUp
- Corsair MP600 Core XT 2TB SSD @ Tweaktown
- ProGrade Digital Gold 512GB CFexpress Type B 2.0 Card Review @ NikKTech
- Sabrent Rocket NANOv2 NVMe USB SSD @ Guru of 3D
- Cooler Master Oracle Air NVMe M.2 SSD Enclosure @ KitGuru